Property Tax Collector
Property Tax Collection is set to begin for the Town of Baldwin starting January 1 - March 31, 2022 after that date, all unpaid bills are sent to the Chemung County Treasurer's Office.
2022 Property Tax Collection
Tax Payments are accepted at the following:
• Current Year 2022 Town/County Taxes - By mail as instructed on your tax bill.
• You can pay by internet, Payment is also accepted at Chemung Canal branch offices with original bill, you can make payment at the Town Hall by appointment, or during regular business hours at the Treasurer's Office, located at 320 E. Market St. Elmira, NY 14901.
• County Taxes (Town of Baldwin property owners) - You can pay your 2022 Chemung County tax bill by mail as instructed on your tax bill.
• You can pay online at ChemungCountyny.gov
• There is also a drop box outside of the front door at the Town of Baldwin and the Treasurer's office, to drop off tax payments.
• You can pay at the Treasurer’s Office during regular business hours. 9am to Noon and 1:00pm to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
• You can also pay at Chemung Canal branch offices throughout Chemung County with the original tax bill in hand.
For tax inquiries, please call (607) 737-2927 or email to: KCOLOMBANI-RUIZ@CHEMUNGCOUNTYNY.GOV
If it is necessary for a face to face appointment, please call (607)737- 2927 to arrange an appointment.